Request for Proposals: Clinical Consultant
At Amara we believe that all people deserve the opportunity to thrive. We have a bold vision to change the world when it comes to how we support and care for children, adults, and families experiencing foster care and considering adoption, in our communities. We believe all people, regardless of circumstance, deserve the opportunity to thrive. As a nonprofit 501(c)3, we partner with people and communities most impacted by our child welfare system, to address trauma, build connections, and ultimately ensure all children, adults and families feel safe and supported, with a commitment to equity every step of the way. Scrollable brochure.
Scope of Work:
Amara is looking for a clinical consultant to support direct-service staff across Amara programming. As an organization that is committed to positive long-term outcomes for children and families. We drive systemic change, promote healing, and advance racial and LGBTQIA+ equity, by offering programs and services to families engaged in foster care, and to adoptees and families, post-adoption. In order to effectively do this work, it is imperative that our staff have the clinical support to ensure their own wellbeing. In addition to direct supervision that supports staff’s individual programmatic work, we are seeking to continue providing staff with 1-3 hours of group clinical consultation per month.
Staff currently receive clinical consultation in a group setting. Groups are divided by general scope of work and into affinity groups (BIPOC and white) when possible. Successful bidders will work with Amara’s Program and Policy Officer (or other identified Amara staff) to determine the number of consultant groups and the frequency, length, and duration of groups.
The successful bidder(s) will be given a 1-year contract with a start date of January 1, 2023 with the opportunity to renew on a non-compete basis for 2 additional years (3 in total). The budget for this work is $10,000 to $24,000 and may be provided to a single bidder or numerous bidders depending on organizational need and fit of applicants.
Clinical Consultation should provide staff with:
- Group consultation for 5 direct-service staff groups total of 25 staff (3 groups will be staff of color affinity groups); 1-2 groups for supervisors (7 total), 1 group of Associate Directors, and 1 meeting with the Program & Policy Officer
- Opportunity to discuss child welfare and prevention services themes, challenges, successes, etc.
- Case consultation as needed
- Professional clinical development
- Skill building in cross-cultural communication
- Reflective supervision
Clinical Consultant Qualifications:
- Experience working with the child welfare system in Washington State
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Social Services or an allied field (e.g. psychology, child development, counseling, etc.)
- Supervisory training/experience
- Skill and experience working in multi-cultural settings and communities
To Respond to this RFP, please provide the following:
- Provide a letter of interest that demonstrates your unique qualifications, how you intend to meet the scope of work, and an estimate of costs and recommended length of meeting and size of groups. Please be sure to highlight your unique approach to clinical consultation and any specific skills, training, experience that you bring to this work (e.g. cross-cultural communication skills/experience, lived expertise in child welfare, reflective supervision training, etc.)
- Provide your resume/CV and reference list
- Proposal materials must be submitted by December 15th at 5pm to Nicole Mazen, Program and Policy Officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Materials will be reviewed the week of December 19th, with decisions based on the proposal’s demonstration of meeting the scope of work, assessed fit with organizational needs, and budgetary availability
- All proposal’s received by December 15th at 5pm will receive notice of next steps by January 3rd, 2023.