Amara is committed to positive long-term outcomes for children and families. We drive systemic change, promote healing, and advance racial and LGBTQIA+ equity by offering programs and services to families engaged with foster care and to adoptees and families, post-adoption.
At Amara, we believe that a supportive, equitable and inclusive workplace, where everyone feels valued, trusted, and nurtured, is key to shaping organizational culture and investing in underrepresented communities. Amara believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strongly invite candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Native American, communities of color, the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
We are seeking to hire a Program Coordinator to work closely with our Family Connections Program (FCP). This position will be primarily based out of our Seattle office. Become an integral and valued part of a team working to support families experiencing foster care.
The Family Connections Program helps foster caregivers and children’s parents build a working relationship to maintain essential connections for the child placed in out-of-home care. The goal of the program is to reduce the trauma experienced by children entering out-of-home care by supporting and facilitating a positive relationship between the child’s parents and caregivers. This support is provided by FCP peer mentors (parents impacted by the child welfare system and relative and foster caregivers), who have received specialized training to help other parents and caregivers build child centered relationships within the child welfare system.
The FCP Program Coordinator will have a variety of responsibilities, including managing all FCP referrals and FCP Certified Mentor contractual requirements, tracking and entering program data, and coordinating program logistics. The FCP Program Coordinator will need to be highly organized and be able to work independently, have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to act with a high level of compassion for the children and families we serve, and community members they will interact with. This role will also be responsible for performing the role of greeter in the Seattle Amara location.
Reporting to the Family Connections Program Manager, the FCP Program Coordinator is a member of Amara’s Family Connections Program team and works closely with all staff across the organization.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage all FCP referrals across the state
- Collect and enter participant surveys
- Manage data entry and tracking for the Family Connections Program
- Manage all FCP related meetings and events (scheduling, communication with participants, other meeting logistics (i.e., room set up, obtaining refreshments, creating signage, etc.)
- Manage FCP Certified Mentor contracts and hours tracking
- Collaborate with FCP Program Manager and FCP Lead Mentor to create a library of trainings and resources on building and supporting parent and caregiver partnerships
- Staff the reception desk at the Seattle Amara office
- Occasionally represent FCP at community, outreach, and stakeholder education events
- Assist with reports, documentation, and administrative tasks
- Assist FCP Program Manager and FCP Lead Mentor as needed
- Education/Experience Requirement
- High School Diploma or GED and two years’ experience working with social services, particularly children and families
- Highly organized with good communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience coordinating programs, services, or other organizational functions
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and be flexible
- Possess strong writing skills
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must provide proof of current flu, Tdap and COVID-19 vaccinations
- Must have current CPR/First Aid Certification and BBP within the past 5 years
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Willingness and ability to work in both Seattle and Tacoma and surrounding areas
- Experience working with diverse families (variety of religions, races, cultures, ages, and socioeconomic levels
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position with a rate of $51,732.00-53,283.96 depending on experience. Generous personal leave and benefits package, including paid time off, paid sabbatical, health, vision and dental insurance, 401k with a company match, life, and disability insurance.
Criminal Background Check
Because this position has access to confidential client, employee, or financial information OR direct interaction with children any final candidate hired into this position must successfully pass a criminal background check performed by the State of Washington. Any job offer is contingent on successfully passing this background check. A list of disqualifying convictions for this position is available here.
Amara requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement is designed to prioritize the safety of the children and families we serve. Exemptions may be sought only for documented medical or religious accommodations.
To express your interest in this position, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter indicating why this position is the right opportunity for you in Smart Recruiters.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.