About this Event
Amara’s Collaborative Parenting Workshop is a free, six-week virtual course for parents and kinship caregivers that will support the “shared parenting” relationship between them. We invite kinship caregivers to attend with their co-parent to learn about different communication styles, conflict management, and more! We hope participants walk away feeling more empowered in successfully navigating their shared parenting relationships for the well-being of the kids they love.
In this session caregivers and parents will participate in The Communication Style Inventory Activity. They will learn about their communication styles and discuss skills and tools they can utilize in their shared parenting relationship. As a group, we will concentrate on how intersectionality is critical when communicating with their shared parent as well as the youth they are caring for.
Our workshop topics will be the following:
- 04/07: Building the Shared Parenting Relationship, Part 1
- 04/14: Building the Shared Parenting Relationship, Part 2
- 04/21: Supporting the Shared Relationship
- 04/28: How to Navigate Hard Conversations
- 05/05: Supporting Effective Family Time Visitation
- 05/12: Establishing Boundaries & Planning for Transitions