We’re looking for passionate individuals to join Amara’s Ambassador Board to learn more about our mission and champion our work in the community. Our Ambassadors play a key role in expanding Amara’s network of supporters by sharing our mission with others and inviting others to attend our fundraising and community events. Serving on the Ambassador Board is a great opportunity to gain board service experience and make a difference for kids and families in our community. For questions and information about how to join, please contact email@example.com.
Mission of the Ambassador Board: To engage individuals who are interested in gaining board service experience in the communities we serve to actively learn about and support Amara in achieving its mission and goals. The Ambassador Board carries out its mission through three main areas- 1) fundraising/events, 2) social networking, 3) board development. Members may serve on other Amara committees, participate in fundraising initiatives and events, and engage in community outreach efforts to build support for youth in foster care and Amara programs.
Governance and Composition:
The Ambassador Board will be comprised of a select group of individuals who work in the greater Seattle or Tacoma areas and represent a diverse range of professions, affiliations, and life experiences. The Amara Board of Directors will oversee the Ambassador Board, with 1-3 liaisons between the BOD and Ambassador Board. Members will be elected to two-year terms on a calendar year basis, without term limits to start. The Ambassador Board will elect its
own leadership with up to three Co-Chair positions.
- Create a long-term leadership pipeline for the Amara Board of Directors and various events and projects.
- Provide members the opportunity to gain entry-level experience working on a nonprofit Board.
- Broaden the base of donors and community members who support and advocate for Amara’s work.
- Provide important community and corporate connections to Amara to further its mission and programs.
- Engage members and peers in Amara fundraising, community outreach, and programmatic events.
- A desire to connect other individuals to each other and their community.
- A commitment to showing up and being actively engaged in meetings, projects, and the mission.
- An ability to listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, and work well individually and in a group.
- Willingness to leverage social networks to build awareness and cultivate and solicit funds for Amara.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in fundraising projects and events for Amara.
- Serve as an ambassador for Amara in the community.
- Participate in meetings. Members must attend a minimum of four, of six total, meetings annually.
- Make a personally significant annual gift to Amara.
- Set individual and group fundraising and engagement goals to introduce new donors and other community members to Amara’s work.
- Be familiar with Amara strategic plan, programs, policies and budget.
- If applicable, steward the relationship between the company for which you work and Amara (i.e. explore the possibility of sponsorship, participation in donation drives, accessing matching gifts, etc.).