What Parents Can Expect
By participating in this innovative court program, parents can expect:
- To meet more frequently
- Court hearings on a smaller docket with the same judge every 60 days
- A collaborative team approach in family team meetings between court hearings
- To discuss services needed for children to support attachment and healthy development
- To be encouraged to share parenting with caregivers to support children
- A community coordinator available as additional support
Who Is Involved?
- Assistant Attorney General
- Social Worker – dedicated workers in each office
- Guardian Ad Litem (GAL)/Child Advocate (CA)
- Parent Attorneys
- Caregivers (foster or relatives)
- Community Coordinator (neutral party, there to support the team that supports the child and family)
- Parent Ally (someone who has gone through the system before)
- Providers/supports – Providers who are involved may be invited to meetings and parents are encouraged to bring anyone who is supporting them
How Can I Sign Up?
Talk with your attorney about joining. For more information about the program, contact:
Pierce County Juvenile Court Program
Additional information can be found on our partner website – Pierce County Juvenile Court. Learn more about the Pierce County program.
Zero to Three
This program is a national Zero to Three site that utilizes their Safe Babies Court Team™ approach. Learn more about Zero to Three.